GOST R ISO 24497-2-2009. Non-destructive testing. Metal magnetic memory method. Part 2. General requirements
Introduction date: 2010.12.01
This standard specifies the general requirements for the application of the method of metal magnetic memory of components, units, equipment and structures for various application purposes.
The purposes of the method are the following:
- Determination of heterogeneity of the stress/strain state of equipment and structures and revealing of stress concentration zones as the main sources of damage;
- Determination of locations to perform metal sampling in stress concentration zones for assessment of the microstructural-mechanical state;
- Early diagnostics of fatigue damage and evaluation of equipment and structures life;
- Reduction of testing and material costs with its utilization in combination with conventional methods of non-destructive testing;
- Quality control of welded joints of various types and embodiment (including contact and spot welding);
- Very quick sorting of new and used machine-building products by their microstructural heterogeneity.